- What is Gadget Insurance?
Gadget Insurance from CoverCloud is a cost-effective way of protecting the electronic and communication devices that are part of our day-to-day lives.
- What Gadgets do CoverCloud cover?
Gadgets include: Mobile Phones, Smartphones, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Digital Cameras, Go Pros, Smartwatches and Laptops.
- How can I get a quote?
The quickest and easiest place to get a quote is to go to our online quote page. Simply select your device using the drop-down menu, then choose an excess and a level of cover that suits you.
- What is covered by a CoverCloud gadget insurance policy?
- Accidental Damage - We will arrange a repair if your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident or malicious damage. If your gadget cannot be economically repaired, it will be replaced.
- Breakdown - If your gadget suffers electrical breakdown which occurs outside of the manufacturers guarantee period, we will repair it. If your gadget cannot be economically repaired, it will be replaced.
- Broken Screen - We will arrange a repair if the screen of your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident or malicious damage. If your gadget cannot be economically repaired, it will be replaced.
- Liquid Damage - If your gadget is damaged as a result of accidentally coming into contact with any liquid, we will repair it. If it cannot be repaired we will replace it.
- Theft - If you have chosen the Premier or Elite level of cover and your gadget is stolen we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts.
- Loss - If you have chosen the Elite level of cover, we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Accidental loss cover only applies if you select the Elite cover option, and is only available for mobile phones, tablets and smartwatches.
- Unauthorised Calls - If your mobile phone or smart phone is lost or stolen, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls and data made from it after the time it was lost or stolen up to a maximum of £10,000.
- Overseas Cover - Our gadget insurance policy provides year-round overseas cover unlike many other gadget insurance companies.
- Accessories - If your claim for your gadget is approved, we will replace any accessories that were accidentally lost, stolen or accidentally damaged at the same time as your gadget up to a maximum value of £150.
- Is there an excess to pay?
Yes, an excess is your contribution in the event of a successful claim. The excess amount you selected is shown in your Schedule of Insurance. Please note that there is an additional excess fee of £50 for any claim made within 30 days of policy commencement.
- What is Multi-Gadget Insurance?
Multi-Gadget Insurance is a great way to insure all your gadgets on a single policy. By adding multiple devices onto the same policy when initially arranging cover, we will automatically apply a multi-gadget discount to your premium.
- When does cover begin?
Your cover begins on the date you choose as start date of the policy.
- Can I insure a phone for other family members?
Yes, cover is available for your mother, father, son, daughter, spouse or domestic partner who reside with you at your Home. Policies can only be issued to persons over 18 years of age.
- My gadget was a gift, can I insure it?
If your gadget was gifted by an immediate family member who lives permanently with you, the standard till receipt or proof of purchase will suffice. If your gadget was gifted to you by a someone who does not live with you, such as a grandparent, we would need an original gift receipt issued by the retailer at the point of sale.
- Are my gadgets covered overseas?
Year-round overseas cover is provided as standard with CoverCloud.
- I purchased my device some time ago, can I insure it?
Your gadget must have been purchased by you within the last 36 months and been sold to you as brand new or refurbished with a minimum 12-month warranty. If you are renewing cover for an existing gadget, the age limit does not apply.
- Are my accessories covered?
Yes. If your claim for your gadget is approved, we will replace any accessories that were stolen or accidentally damaged at the same time as your gadget up to a maximum value of £150. If you paid an additional premium to cover for accidental loss, then your accessories will also be covered if accidentally lost at the same time as your gadget. If you have accidental loss cover, this will be listed on your Schedule of Insurance.
- How will I receive my policy documents after purchasing a policy?
Your policy documents will be emailed to you immediately after you've completed your purchase. The documents are in PDF format and can be opened with the Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here.
- How do I pay for a CoverCloud policy?
This is an annual policy that can be paid monthly or annually. If you pay by lump sum annually then you will have paid for the full annual premium at point of sale. If you pay monthly, your debit or credit card will be automatically debited on a monthly basis.
The security of your payment information is very important to us. Your credit or debit card information is collected on a secure HTTPS web page using SSL. We choose credit card processing partners that are fully PCI-DSS compliant, which means they meet all industry standards for cardholder security. We never store your credit card number or your security code (CVV code). We only store a payment "token" (an order number generated by the card processing partner), which allows us to charge your card automatically or to look up your payment transaction without having your card details.
- Can I renew my policy?
Yes, we will contact you up to 30 days before the annual renewal date of your policy and we will tell you of any changes to your premium.
- What happens if I change my insured gadgets or home address?
- How can I change my payment details?
- How can I cancel my insurance?
You may cancel your insurance policy within 14 days of purchase without penalty and we will provide a full refund provided you have not made a claim. After 14 days, you may cancel the policy at any time and receive a pro rata refund provided you have not made a claim. If you pay monthly and have claimed, you can cancel your policy once the full annual premium has been paid. You can cancel your insurance, by giving notice of cancellation by emai , website contact form quoting your surname, post code and policy number.
- How do I make a claim?
Claims can be made onlin eonly. Please go to the Claims page for full details on how to make a claim.
- Do I need to supply a receipt if I make a claim?
Yes, in the event of a claim you will need to provide the original receipt/delivery note for the purchase of the gadgets and accessories for which you are claiming.
- How many claims can I make in a year?
There is no limit to the number of claims you can make.
- Is my repaired or replaced gadget protected by a warranty?
Yes, all repairs and replacements come with a warranty.
- Does my home insurance policy cover my gadgets?
Items under 'Personal Belongings' or 'All Risks Cover' may only be covered for theft but not for loss, breakdown or unauthorised calls. Claiming on your home insurance is likely to result in your premiums increasing in future years and the excess on a home insurance policy can be higher than the excess on CoverCloud gadget insurance.
- How can I make a complaint?
All other complaints, including claims, terms and conditions, are handled by Citymain Administrators Ltd on behalf of Fortegra Europe Insurance Company PLC
Citymain Administrators Ltd
3000 Lakeside North Harbour
Tel: 0333 999 792
- Who is my insurance with?
This insurance is arranged and administered by Acumen Insurance Services Ltd with Citymain Administrators Ltd and underwritten by Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE UK Branch, a branch of Fortegra Europe Insurance Company SE (Financial Conduct Authority registration number 805770).
CoverCloud is a trading name of Acumen Insurance Services Ltd who is an Appointed Representative of Maintenance Assist Ltd. Maintenance Assist Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This can be checked on the Financial Services Register at www.fca.org.uk/firms/systems-reporting/register.
Gadget Insurance FAQs
Please click on a question to see the answer. If you still need help please contact us.
IMPORTANT: These FAQs apply to our latest gadget insurance policy and were updated on the 18th March 2023. If you bought your policy before this date please refer to your applicable policy wording.