- What is Gadget Insurance?
Gadget Insurance from CoverCloud is a cost-effective way of protecting the electronic and communication devices that are part of our day-to-day lives.
- What Gadgets do CoverCloud cover?
Gadgets include: Mobile Phones, Smartphones, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Cameras, Go Pros, Smartwatches and Laptops.
- What is covered by a CoverCloud gadget insurance policy?
- Accidental Damage - We will pay the cost of repairs if your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Breakdown - We will pay repair costs if your gadget suffers an electrical or mechanical breakdown occurring outside of the manufacturers guarantee period. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Cracked Screens - We will pay the cost of repairs if the screen of your smartphone is damaged as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Liquid Damage - We will pay the cost of repairs if your gadget is damaged by liquid as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Theft - If you have chosen the Premier or Elite level of cover and your gadget is stolen we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts.
- Loss - If you have chosen the Elite level of cover, we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Unauthorised Calls - If your mobile phone or smart phone is lost or stolen, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls and data made from it after the time it was lost or stolen up to a maximum of £10,000.
- Overseas Cover - Our gadget insurance policy provides year-round overseas cover unlike many other gadget insurance companies.
- Accessories - If your claim for your gadget is approved, we will replace any accessories that were accidentally lost, stolen or accidentally damaged at the same time as your gadget up to a maximum value of £150.
- What is Multi-Gadget Insurance?
Multi-Gadget Insurance is a great way to insure all your gadgets on a single policy. By adding multiple devices onto the same policy when initially arranging cover, we will automatically apply a multi-gadget discount to your premium.
- When does cover begin?
Immediate cover is available for any gadget under 60 days old. A 14-day exclusion period applies for all other gadgets over 60 days old at time of policy purchase.
- Can I insure a phone for other family members?
Yes, cover is available for your mother, father, son, daughter, spouse or domestic partner who resides with you at your Home. Policies can only be issued to persons over 18 years of age.
- My Gadget was a gift, can I insure it?
If your Gadget was gifted by an immediate family member who lives permanently with you, the standard till receipt or proof of purchase will suffice. If your Gadget was gifted to you by a someone who does not live with you, such as a grandparent, we would need an original gift receipt.
- Can I choose when my cover starts?
Yes, you can choose your cover to start on the day you purchase the policy or any subsequent day within 28 days. However, you will not be able to make a claim within the first 14 days of the start date of the policy if your gadget is over 60 days old at time of policy purchase.
- Are my gadgets covered overseas?
Year-round overseas cover is provided as standard with CoverCloud.
- I purchased my device some time ago, can I insure it?
Your gadget must have been purchased by you within the last twelve months and been sold to you as brand new or refurbished with a minimum 12-month warranty. If you are renewing an existing CoverCloud policy, there is no age limit on your gadget.
- Are my accessories covered?
Cover for accessories is provided up to the value of £150 in total. Accessories include:
- iPhone/Smartphone/ Smartwatches accessories: chargers/docks, adapters, smart batteries, power banks, protective cases, headphones/earpods, Bluetooth speakers, memory cards, security lock adapter, selfie-stick, cyclist mounts, tripods/stands, camera lens, and hands free mounts.
- iPads/Tablets: All the above and: pencils, pencil tips, pencil case, stylus, wireless keyboard and mouse, remote, trackpads, USB sticks.
- Laptops/Notebooks: All the above and: Power cables, bags or carry case, cooling pads and fans.
If your accessory cost £150 or more and you wish it to be covered by your policy then suitable insurance must be purchased for it. You will receive a discount if you purchase insurance for multiple gadgets on the same policy.
- How will I receive my policy documents after purchasing a policy?
Your policy documents will be emailed to you immediately after you've completed your purchase. The documents are in PDF format and can be opened with the Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here.
- How do I pay for a CoverCloud policy?
This is an annual policy that can be paid monthly or annually. If you pay by lump sum annually then you will have paid for the full annual premium at point of sale. If you pay monthly, your premium will be charged monthly by Direct Debit for a minimum term of 12 months.
- What is a Monthly Direct Debit?
Our monthly Direct Debit payment option gives you a simple and secure method to pay regularly for your cover.
- Can I renew my policy?
Yes, we will contact you up to 30 days before the annual renewal date of your policy and we will tell you then if there are any changes to your premium. To ensure continuation of cover, we will then automatically renew your policy unless you advise us otherwise.
- What happens if I change my gadget(s) or home address?
- How can I change my bank details?
If you would like to amend the bank account from which payments are collected. Please contact us via the website contact form, via your online account or by email to email@example.com, we shall provide a secure link for you to arrange a new Direct Debit.
- How can I cancel my insurance?
You may cancel your insurance policy within 14 days of purchase without penalty and we will provide a full refund provided you have not made a claim. After 14 days, you may cancel the policy at any time and receive a pro rata refund less an administration fee of £15 provided you have not made a claim. If you pay by Direct Debit and have claimed, you can cancel your policy once the full annual premium has been paid. You can cancel your insurance, by giving notice of cancellation by email, website contact form or post quoting your surname, post code and policy number.
- How do I make a claim?
Claims are made online through your online account. Before you can start a claim on your policy, you must first upload a proof of purchase or receipt for the insured device. Please go to the Claims page for full details on how to make a claim.
- Do I need to supply a receipt if I make a claim?
Yes, in the event of a claim you will need to provide the original receipt/delivery note for the purchase of your gadget for which you are claiming. We recommend that you upload these documents to your secure online file as soon as possible to speed up any future claims process
- Is there an excess to pay?
Yes, an excess is your contribution in the event of a successful claim. There are three different excesses to choose between, £50, £75 or £100. The best way to compare the benefits is here: https://secure.covercloud.co.uk/quote/select. Simply select your gadget using the drop-down menu to identify the policies and excesses available to you.
- How many claims can I make in a year?
There is no limit to the number of claims you can make.
- Is my repaired or replaced gadget protected by a warranty?
Yes, all repairs and replacements come with a 12-month warranty.
- How can I report theft or malicious damage to the police?
You should either contact your local police station or the police station local to where the incident happened within 48 hours of discovery. If the incident happens in another country, then the police station local to where the incident happened in that country.
- Do I need to report any theft or loss of my phone to my network provider?
Yes. In the event your phone is lost or stolen, you will need to call your network provider and have them blacklist your device.
- Does my home insurance policy cover my gadgets?
Items under 'Personal Belongings' or 'All Risks Cover' may only be covered for theft or accidental damage but not for breakdown. Claiming on your home insurance is likely to result in your premiums increasing in future years and the excess on a home insurance policy can be higher than the excess on CoverCloud gadget insurance.
- How can I make a complaint?
Complaints regarding claims should be directed to the claims handler using any of the methods below:
Tel: 0345 074 4788
- Who is my insurance with?
This insurance is arranged and administered by CoverCloud with Bastion Insurance Services Ltd and underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA UK Branch (IPA) which is fully owned by the AXA Partners Group. CoverCloud is a trading name of Acumen Insurance Services Ltd who is an Appointed Representative of Maintenance Assist Ltd. Maintenance Assist Ltd and Bastion Insurance Services Ltd are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Gadget Insurance FAQs
Please click on a question to see the answer. If you still need help please contact us.
IMPORTANT: These FAQs only apply to our latest gadget insurance policy that went on sale 05 October 2019.