- What is Gadget Insurance?
Gadget Insurance from CoverCloud is a cost-effective way of protecting the electronic and communication devices that are part of our day-to-day lives.
- What Gadgets do CoverCloud cover?
Gadgets include: Mobile Phones, Smartphones, iPhones, iPads, Tablets, Cameras, Go Pros, Smartwatches and Laptops.
- What is covered by a CoverCloud gadget insurance policy?
- Accidental Damage* - We will pay the cost of repairs if your gadget is damaged as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Breakdown - We will pay repair costs if your gadget suffers an electrical or mechanical breakdown occurring outside of the manufacturers guarantee period. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Breakdown cover not covered on laptops.
- Cracked Screens - We will pay the cost of repairs if the screen of your smartphone is damaged as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Liquid Damage - We will pay the cost of repairs if your gadget is damaged by liquid as the result of an accident. If your gadget is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement gadget.
- Theft - If you have chosen cover for Theft and your gadget is stolen we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Where only part or parts of your gadget have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts.
- Loss** - If you have chosen cover for Loss, we will provide you with a replacement gadget. Accidental loss cover is only available on mobile phones, iPhones, iPads, tablets and smartwatches.
- Unauthorised Calls - If your mobile phone or smart phone is lost or stolen, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls and data made from it after the time it was lost or stolen up to a maximum of £10,000.
- Overseas Cover - Our gadget insurance policy provides overseas cover as standard for 365 days a year unlike many other gadget insurance companies.
- E-Wallet Protection - If your gadget is covered for being lost or stolen, the cost of unauthorised transactions using your e-wallet PIN up to £500 within the first 24 hours is covered.
- Accessories - If your claim for your gadget is approved, we will replace any accessories that were accidentally lost, stolen or accidentally damaged at the same time as your gadget up to a maximum value of £150.
* Only in force if you select the Elite Cover option
** Loss cover is only available for Smartphones, iPads, Tablets and Smartwatches
- What is Multi-Gadget Insurance?
Multi-Gadget Insurance is a great way to insure all your gadgets on a single policy. By adding multiple devices onto the same policy, we will automatically apply a multi-gadget discount to your premium.
- When does cover begin?
Immediate cover is available for any gadget under 60 days old. A 14-day exclusion period applies for all other gadgets over 60 days of age at first policy inception.
- Is my repaired or replaced gadget protected by a warranty?
Yes, all repairs and replacements come with a minimum of a 3 month warranty.
- Can I insure a phone for other family members?
Yes, cover is available for your mother, father, son, daughter, spouse or domestic partner who resides with you at your Home. Policies can only be issued to persons over 18 years of age
- How do I make a claim?
Claims are made online through your online account. Please go to the Claims page for full details on how to make a claim.
- Do I need to supply a receipt if I make a claim?
Yes, in the event of a claim you will need to provide the original receipt/delivery note for the purchase of your gadget for which you are claiming. We recommend that you upload these documents to your secure online file as soon as possible to speed up any future claims process
- Is there an excess to pay?
Yes, an excess is your contribution in the event of a successful claim. There are three different excesses to choose between, £50, £75 or £100. The higher the excess, the cheaper the premium becomes. You get to choose the excess when you prepare your policy and the excesses are fixed regardless of the nature of your claim. The excess is payable on each and every claim.
We have three excess options available, £50, £75 or £100 which are available subject to the age and type of gadget you’re looking to insure. The best way to compare the benefits is here: https://secure.covercloud.co.uk/quote/select. Simply select your gadget using the drop-down menu to identify the policies and excesses available to you. The excess is payable on each and every claim.
- How many claims can I make in a year?
There is no limit to the number of claims you can make.
- How can I report theft or malicious damage to the police?
You should either contact your local police station or the police station local to where the incident happened within 48 hours of discovery. If the incident happens in another country, then the police station local to where the incident happened in that country.
- Do I need to report any theft or loss of my phone to my network provider?
You need to report the theft and loss of any Smartphone, Mobile or PDA to your airtime provider and blacklist it within 24 hours of discovery. If you do not do this, we will be unable to approve your claim.
- Can I choose when my cover starts?
Yes, you can choose your cover to start on the day you purchase the policy or any subsequent day within 28 days.
- Are my gadgets covered overseas?
Year-round overseas cover is provided as standard with CoverCloud.
- I purchased my device some time ago, can I insure it?
Yes, the gadget must not be more than 3 years old, it must have been purchased in the UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Republic of Ireland or USA as new, or if refurbished, purchased directly from the manufacturer here in the UK. There is no age limit for devices if you are renewing an existing CoverCloud policy.
- Are my accessories covered?
Cover for accessories is provided up to the value of £150 in total. Accessories include:
- iPhone/Smartphone/ Smartwatches accessories: chargers/docks, adapters, smart batteries, power banks, protective cases, generic headphones/earpods, Bluetooth speakers, memory cards, security lock adapter, selfie-stick, cyclist mounts, tripods/stands, camera lens, and hands free mounts.
- iPads/Tablets: All the above and: pencils, pencil tips, pencil case, stylus, wireless keyboard and mouse, remote, trackpads, USB superdrive, USB sticks.
- Laptops/Notebooks: All the above and: Power cables, bags or carry case, cooling pads and fans.
If your accessory cost £150 or more and you wish it to be covered by your policy then suitable insurance must be purchased for it. You will receive a discount if you purchase insurance for multiple gadgets on the same policy.
- How will I receive my policy documents after purchasing a policy?
Your policy documents will be emailed to you immediately after you've completed your purchase. The documents are in PDF format and can be opened with the Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here.
- How do I pay for a CoverCloud policy?
This is an annual policy that can be paid monthly or annually. If you pay annually then you will have paid for the full annual premium at point of sale. If you pay monthly, your premium will be charged monthly by Direct Debit for a minimum term of 12 months.
- What is a Monthly Direct Debit?
Our monthly Direct Debit payment option gives you a simple and secure method to pay regularly for your cover.
- Does my home insurance policy cover my gadgets?
Items under 'Personal Belongings' or 'All Risks Cover' may only be covered for theft or accidental damage but not for breakdown and the excess on a home insurance policy can be higher than the excess on CoverCloud gadget insurance.
- What is E-Wallet Protection?
If your gadget is accidentally lost or stolen and the claim is covered by your policy, we will refund the cost of unauthorised transactions made using your e-wallet facility up to a maximum of £500.
- What happens if I change my gadget(s) or home address?
- Can I renew my policy?
Yes, we will contact you up to 30 days before the annual renewal date of your policy and we will tell you then if there are any changes to your premium. To ensure continuation of cover, we will then automatically renew your policy unless you advise us otherwise.
- How can I cancel my insurance?
You may cancel your insurance policy within 14 days of purchase without penalty and we will provide a full refund provided you have not made a claim. After 14 days, you may cancel the policy at any time and receive a pro rata refund less an administration fee of £15 provided you have not made a claim. If you pay by Direct Debit and have claimed, you can cancel your policy once the full annual premium has been paid. You can cancel your insurance, by giving notice of cancellation by email, website contact formor post quoting your surname, post code and policy number.
- How can I make a complaint?
If you wish to lodge a complaint against any aspect of CoverCloud’s service in the sale of your policy please contact us via the website contact form, by telephone to 0345 812 0030 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Gadget Insurance FAQs
For Business and Corporate Phone Insurance FAQs, please click here.
IMPORTANT: These FAQs only apply to our latest gadget insurance policy that went on sale 23rd July 2018.
Please click on a question to see the answer. If you still need help please contact us.