- How do I make a claim?
Please go to the Claims page for full details on how to make a claim.
- The travel agent/tour operator/have changed my travel dates. What should I do?
Don’t worry, providing you’re travelling within the same geographical region and there has been no material change to your health, we will change the dates on your insurance policy to cover your new holiday. To arrange this please contact our customer services team on 0345 812 0033
- I've lost my documents. How do I retrieve them?
If you have lost your policy document we will be pleased to forward another copy to you via email or post. To request another set of documents email email@example.com or call our customer services team on 0345 812 0033
- What do I need to take on holiday with me?
It is advisable that you take your travel insurance certificate and the relevant policy wording booklet away with you, but it is essential that you have a note of your policy number and the 24 hour emergency assistance telephone number.
- What is a UK resident? Are you able to cover non-UK residents?
Unfortunately we are not able to provide cover for non-UK residents. Our definition of a UK resident is: a person who has had their main home in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or BFPO and has not spent more than six months abroad in the year before buying a policy.
- What countries do our policies cover?
We cover most countries across the globe, providing you’re not travelling against the advice issued by the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). Destinations are divided into six sub-categories:
- 1. United Kingdom: England, Scotland, Wales, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland.
- 2. Europe excl Spain: Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan Azores, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Corfu, Corsica, Crete, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Eire (Republic of Ireland), Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guernsey, Holland (Netherlands), Hungary, Iceland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, KOS (Greek Island), Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Northern Ireland, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Rhodes, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sardinia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Southern Ireland, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Vatican City.
- 3. Europe incl Spain: All countries included in Europe excl Spain plus Spain, Balearics, Madeira and the Canary Islands.
- 4. Australasia: All countries listed in Europe including Spain, as well as Australia, including Territory of Cocos (Keeling Islands, The Territory of Christmas Island, Norfolk Island and Lord How Island, and New Zealand, including the Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau.
- 5. Worldwide excl USA, Caribbean, Canada & Mexico: Anywhere else excluding the United States of America, Canada, the Caribbean & Mexico.
- 6. Worldwide incl USA, Caribbean, Canada & Mexico: Anywhere in the world.
- What is Annual Multi-trip Travel Insurance
An insurance policy which gives cover for unlimited trips during a 12 month period.
The annual policy offers a choice of cover for Europe or Worldwide travel with an unlimited number of trips of up to 31 days as the standard period. All adults over 18 on an Annual Multi-trip policy can travel independently of each other
- What if I am travelling to more than one country?
If you are going to more than one country, take care to select the region that will cover all of the countries you are visiting. For example if you are travelling to France and Israel you should select Worldwide.
- How can I pay for my travel insurance?
You can pay for your travel insurance using a credit or debit card. We accept Visa and MasterCard credit cards:
- When should I start my travel insurance??
If you are purchasing single trip travel insurance, cover for cancellation starts from the date of purchase. If you are purchasing an annual multi-trip, you are only covered from the date you choose to start your policy.
- What is an excess?
The excess is the amount that you would need to pay towards a claim. For example, if you make a claim of £150 and the excess is £100 you will only be able to claim back the remaining £50. The excess amount is displayed in the policy wording schedule of benefits.
- What pre-existing medical conditions do you cover?
We can cover a wide range of medical conditions including cancer, coronary diseases, respiratory conditions, diabetes and arthritis. Cover is subject to your medical declaration when you prepare your quote. If in doubt please call us on 0345 812 0033.
- Age Limits?
The maximum age for trips to Europe and all other worldwide areas is 90. The maximum age for Winter Sports is also 90 for single trips and 65 for multi trip policies.
- Is dental treatment covered?
Cover is for emergency dental treatment only for immediate relief of pain, provided you’re not claiming for work involving the use of precious metals in any dental treatment or the provision of dentures, crowns or veneers.
- I am having trouble arranging a policy or paying online. Can you help me?
If you are having trouble paying for your travel insurance online simply our customer services team on 0345 812 0033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is considered to be a Family?
One parent travelling with their child or children (under the age of 18) for whom they are the legal guardians and who all reside together. Or two parents travelling together with their child or children (under the age of 18) for whom they are the legal guardians and who all reside together.
- How is my policy delivered?
Your policy documents will be delivered by email. Please email us at email@example.com if you require a copy to be sent by post.
- Who are CoverCloud?
CoverCloud is a trading name of Acumen Insurance Services Ltd. Acumen Insurance Services Ltd is an Appointed Representative of Maintenance Assist Ltd who are Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Register number 516611. Acumen Insurance Services Ltd, Registered in England No. 05004926. Registered Office: St Clare House, 30-33 Minories, London EC3N 1PE.
- What happens when my annual multi-trip policy expires?
The policy term is 12 months, after which you will be invited to purchase another policy. Please contact us on 0345 812 0033 to discuss your options.
- Your right to cancel
If your cover does not meet your requirements, please notify us within 14 days of receiving your policy and return all your documents for a refund of your premium. If during this 14 day period you have travelled, made a claim or intend to make a claim, we are entitled to recover all costs we have incurred for your use of those services. Thereafter, you may cancel your policy at anytime however no refund of premium will be available.
- CoverCloud Service:
If you are unhappy with the service provided to you by CoverCloud, you can contact us using the below information and including as much about your policy as possible and the reason(s) behind your dissatisfaction:
Telephone: 0345 812 0030
Post: The Compliance Officer, Acumen Insurance Services Ltd, 30 Minories, London, EC3N 1PE
We will then review your complaint and consider what steps we can take to resolve the matter quickly and fairly. Once we have reviewed the information, we will provide you with our response within 8 weeks.
Travel Insurance FAQ
Please click on a question to see the answer. If you still need help please contact us.