- What is covered by a CoverCloud Corporate Gadget Insurance policy?
- Accidental Damage - We will pay the cost of repairs if your mobile phone is damaged as the result of an accident. If your mobile phone is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement mobile phone.
- Breakdown - We will pay repair costs if your mobile phone suffers an electrical or mechanical breakdown occurring outside of the manufacturers guarantee period. If your mobile phone is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement mobile phone.
- Cracked Screens - We will pay the cost of repairs if the screen of your smartphone is damaged as the result of an accident. If your mobile phone is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement mobile phone.
- Liquid Damage - We will pay the cost of repairs if your mobile phone is damaged by liquid as the result of an accident. If your mobile phone is not repairable then we will provide you with a replacement mobile phone.
- Theft - If you have chosen cover for Theft and your mobile phone is stolen we will provide you with a replacement mobile phone. Where only part or parts of your mobile phone have been stolen, we will only replace that part or parts.
- Loss - If you have chosen cover for Loss and you accidentally lose your mobile phone we will replace it.
- Unauthorised Calls - If your mobile phone or smart phone is lost or stolen, we will refund the cost of unauthorised calls made from it after the time it was lost or stolen up to a maximum of £100.
- Overseas Cover - Our mobile phone insurance policy provides overseas cover as standard unlike many other mobile phone insurance companies. mobile phones are covered worldwide for up to 90 days in total.
- Can I choose when my cover starts?
Yes, you can choose your cover to start on the day you purchase the policy or any subsequent day within 28 days.
- Are my mobile phones covered overseas?
Overseas cover is provided as standard with CoverCloud. For all gadgets there is worldwide cover up to a maximum of 90 days in total, in any single 12 month period.
- Is there an excess to pay?
If you make a claim you are liable for part of the cost of repairing or replacing your mobile phone and the insurer is responsible for the rest. You can choose to pay a zero, £50, £75 or £100 excess. The higher the excess, the lower your premium will be.
- Does it matter how old a mobile phone is?
The mobile phone must be less than 3 years old, purchased as new from an approved supplier and with valid proof of purchase when the policy begins. For customers renewing their policy, the maximum age limit of the mobile phone is 5 years.
- How will I receive my policy documents after purchasing a policy?
Your policy documents will be emailed to you immediately after you've completed your purchase. The documents are in PDF format and can be opened with the Acrobat Reader which can be downloaded here.
- How do I pay for a CoverCloud policy?
You can choose to pay for your policy on a monthly basis or in a single annual payment. If you choose to pay on an annual basis you will receive a discount. If you do choose to pay monthly, you will be debited a fixed amount on a 12 monthly finance term agreement until the full premium is paid.
- Is it possible to change the date that my monthly payment is taken?
If you are paying for your policy on a monthly basis, this will be collected on the following dates after processing your payment plan – 1st or 11th or 21st day of the month. We cannot change the payment date once set up and there will be a £10 penalty charged for missed payments.
- How do I make a claim?
Please go to the Claims page for full details on how to make a claim.
- How many claims can I make in a year?
If you bought your policy on or before 31 October 2016, cover is limited to 3 claims during any single Period of Insurance of which one may be a claim that results in the item being replaced. If you bought your policy on or after 01 November 2016, there is no limit to the number of claims you can make.
- How can I report theft or malicious damage to the police?
You should either contact your local police station or the police station local to where the incident happened. If the incident happens in another country then the police station local to where the incident happened in that country.
- Do I need to report any theft or loss of my phone to my network provider?
You need to report the theft and loss of any Smartphone, Mobile or PDA to your airtime provider and blacklist it within 12 hours of discovery. If you do not do this we will be unable to approve your claim.
- Do I need to supply a receipt if I make a claim?
In the event of a claim you will need to provide the original receipt for the purchase of your mobile phone for which you are claiming. The receipt must be in the same family name. If you do not possess or were never issued with a receipt for your mobile phone (as they were provided free as part of a contract, e.g. mobile phone), you will need to provide evidence of the original order and/or contract under which the mobile phone was supplied.
- Can I renew my policy?
Yes you can. You will be contacted up to 30 days before the renewal date of your policy and we will tell you about any changes to the premium or the policy terms and conditions. If you do not want to renew your policy, you need to contact us on the contact details provided in the renewal notice.
- How can I cancel my insurance?
You may cancel your insurance policy within 14 days of purchase without penalty and we will provide a full refund. After 14 days, you may cancel the policy at any time and receive a pro rata refund. You can cancel your insurance, by giving notice of cancellation by email, post or telephone quoting your policy number.
Corporate Gadget Insurance FAQs
Please click on a question to see the answer. If you still need help please contact us.